Using Teams True Transfer mode, when a call is transferred directly within Teams to another Teams user, the call is also transferred in the background to the destination user on the PBX
The benefits of this transfer mode are, it:
- Provides correct off-hook busy representation of both users after a transfer
- Enhances the attended transfer experience for users, especially where transferring to a call queue agent
- Means users are free to take the next call following transfer
- Ensures compliance, integration, reporting and recording is applied to the correct agent
- Means both the user’s SIP phone and PBX Voicemail will ring and be active following a Teams-to-Teams transfer
These benefits make Teams True Transfer essential for multi-agent queues and Call Center environments.
Enable Teams True Transfer via the Propagate Refer setting on the PBX service template:
Teams True Transfer is designed to operate where both the transferor and the transferee are connected to the PBX service.
Teams True Transfer should not be used in environments where a large number of users are not connected to the PBX as the transfer to another Teams user will not complete satisfactorily. In these scenarios use one of the alternative transfer modes.