The Customer Setup Wizard provides guidance through the initial setup process and ensures the setup prerequisites are met before commencing.
The first screen performs the following important checks:
- ✓ A user/login to your Office 365 account with Global Admin rights.
- Read this article for more info: Office 365 Administrator Access and the Sync Now function
- ✓ Microsoft Phone System licence add-ons (or E5 licences) for the end users of the service.
- Read this article for more info: Microsoft Licences needed for the connector
- ✓ Access to your PBX or Trunk portal to create/manage SIP credentials.
- Read this article for more info: Connector Configuration to Work with Your PBX
- ✓ Having one or two spare Office 365 user licenses such as Business Essentials/Premium or E1/E3/E5, for a few hours during the initial setup.
- Read this article for more info: Why Do I Need Additional O365 Licences?
The wizard is present on the Getting Started page of the portal and will be the first page shown following initial login and until the first service is configured.
Customers wishing to bypass the wizard can do so by directly selecting the Services and Users tabs and performing the manual setup steps.
The prerequisites are verified on the first page; the wizard will not continue if either:
- The wrong admin level is applied to the logged-in user
- There are no spare licences available to the tenant for the setup process to use
These items should be resolved for the wizard to continue
A warning is shown if the customer does not have the correct Phone System addon-licences, this will not prevent the initial setup stage from proceeding, but will prevent the user setup stage completing later.
The Wizard takes the administrator through 4 steps to get to a successfully configured service.
- Prerequisite checks
- Configure the Trunks or PBX services as determined by available subscriptions
- Configure the MS Teams and Microsoft 365 account
- Configure user settings
Following these 4 steps the customer should have a service configured and ready to use.
The wizard process can be paused and will continue from the completed point next time the administrator logs in to the portal.