The portal is showing the 'Setup partially complete' error shown below.
This may be seen in the sync log as a Sync error: PSERROR1> PSTN Gateway not ready yet: <domain>
Why This Happens
Occasionally the Microsoft domain activation process fails to properly enable the voice routing domains added to the customer tenant. This is a symptom of Microsoft not properly enabling their domains on the back end. I tis an occasional issue.
How To Resolve
Normally this issue resolves after a period of time, often this can be several hours. The setup can be competed by clicking the Sync Now button.
- In the case that the domain validation failure persists for an extended period of over 24 hours then it can be resolved by re-initialising the process with new domains for validation.
- The process below outlines the process of deleting the existing domains with the problem and creating new domains to re-start the process.
|Note: this process is service affecting and will result in the inability to make and receive calls through the connector whilst the update is taking place, Due to the occasional unpredictability of Microsoft's activation, this process may take some time so is best performed during an off-peak time where a change-window of several hours is available.|
- In the Services Tab, delete the Teams service by clicking the 'Trash' Icon
- In the customer Microsoft 365 portal https://admin.microsoft.com/ delete the domains belonging to the service (there will be at least two).
- The service is now ready to be set up again with new domains
- They should find and delete the user in Microsoft365 called "Temporary Domain Voice Activation User"
- In the Services Teams tab, click the Enable Service button to start the domain setup again with new domains assigned.
The Enable Service function typically takes around 15 minutes to complete but can take longer depending on Microsoft's service.
When you have existing users
If there are users already configured when the above process is performed, they will become disconnected and require manual re-connection.
Although the user list may have missing information, it may not need a complete re-configuration as the PBX or Trunk user will remain as a 'unattached' part and can be re-attached to the Microsoft users when the initial Sync process completes.
Although the SIP or Trunk user part remains, the user information is missing and has to be selected from the list of Teams users, so keep a record of this prior to the deletion of the Teams Service. The Import Users tool also can perform this as a bulk operation if a large number of users require configuration.