Dynamic Emergency Trunk is a feature add on to the PBX product which allows the ability to route Calls from Microsoft Teams which contain an Emergency Header and/or PIDF-LO to the chosen Emergency routing provider.
The purpose of this solution is due to the fact that most PBX's can't digest the PIDF-LO messaging within the SIP INVITE and so usually respond with a 405 Method Not Allowed causing the Emergency Calls to drop.
To use the Dynamic Emergency Trunk feature you must first have an account setup with your Emergency Provider from which they should provide you with the Trunk Details to connect to their service. Depending on your chosen provider they may ask you to provide 2 Dedicated IP's so they can whitelist them and accept calls.
Ordering & Setup
1. Order the Dynamic Emergency Trunk product at your Top Level / Base Customer Portal (this is usually where your company admin users exist)
- If your provider does require dedicated IP's for your service then you can also order these at this level.
2. Go to the Service tab at your base account level and notice the Trunks Tab is selectable
- Select your Emergency Trunk providers template from the drop down list or choose custom to fill out the details manually.
- Once filled out ensure you Enable the Trunk as an Emergency Trunk as per example below
3. Find or Add your PBX template in the Branding Tab, then click the pencil icon to edit the template
4. Now notice the Emergency Trunk selection from the PBX Template
Once this has been linked any customers who have this PBX Template and place a call which contains PIDF-LO and the Emergency flag in the SIP INVITE will be routed to this Emergency Trunk.
To set Emergency numbers Please see attached PDF 'Emergency Call Routing Policies
5. Follow the steps in the attached PDF (E911 Enablement) to setup the Teams Admin Centre with the desired user locations.
- For any support with this please contact your Emergency Trunk Provider